Permits & Licenses Info
Town Clerk's Office
Open Monday to Thursday from 10:00 to 2:00
1) Marriage licenses
a. Must be 18 years old
b. Proof of age - must provide 2 forms of ID. Drivers license, non drivers license, birth certificate, baptism certificate, or passport
If either party has been divorced then divorce papers must be shown
c. If either party is widowed then a death certificate must be shown
d. License fee is $40.00
e. Licenses are not usable for a 24-hour period but are usable for 60 days thereafter.
2) Conservation licenses are available in the Town Clerk's
3) Dog licenses required for dog's 4 months and older
a. A current rabies certificate required
b. neutered or spayed certificate required
c. un-neutered or un-spayed fee is $25.00 per year
d. Neutered or spayed fee is $14.00 per year.
4) The Deputy Town Clerk is a Notary Public and the service is available
at no cost to Town residents.
5) Handicapped Parking Permits can be obtained from the Town Clerk. You
first need the proper form from the Town Clerks office for the
Doctor to fill out. The form is returned to the Town Clerk and
a parking permit can be issued at no cost.
6) The cost for a certified Marriage, Birth, or Death Certificate is $10.00.
Genalogy information is a $22.00 fee.
Building Permit Fees
Upon filing of an application for a building permit, the following fees shall be payable:
Where the total valuation of work is from $0 to $1,500, the fee is $25.00
If total valuation of work is from $1,50l to $10,000, the fee is $50.00
If total valuation of work is from $10,001 to $20,000, the fee is $75.00
If total valuation of work is from $20,001 to $30,000, the fee is $100.00
If total valuation of work is from $30,001 to $40,000, the fee is $150.00
If total valuation of work is from $40,001 to $50,000, the fee is $200.00
If total valuation of work is from $50,001 to $60,000, the fee is $250.00
If total valuation of work is from $60,001 to $70,000, the fee is $300.00
If total valuation of work is from $70,001 to $80,000, the fee is $350.00
If total valuation of work is from $80,001 to $90,000, the fee is $400.00
If total valuation of work is from $90,000 to $100,000, the fee is $450.00
If total valuation of work is over $100,001, the fee is ½ of 1%
APPLY FOR A BUILDING PERMIT PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK WILL RESULT IN THE
FEES FOR THE PROJECT BEING TRIPLED.
Zoning Permit Fee - $55.00
In the event that an application for a building permit is
not approved, the applicant shall be entitled to a refund of
50 per cent of the fee paid,
provided no construction has been commenced. If construction work has been started and the application is not approved, the fees paid shall not be refunded.
Zoning Permit Law is $25.00 per copy
Sub-division Regulations are $15.00 per copy
Site Plan Review Law is $5.00 per copy
Flood Map Info $30.00
Administered by the Planning Board:
1) Application for boundary line adjustment $50.00
2) Sign Permit Application $50.00
3) Site Plan Review Application $50.00
4) Special Use Permit Application $100.00
5) Subdivision Sketch Plan Application $100.00
6) Cell Tower Application $5000.00
7) Cell Tower Approval $3000.00
8) Other Local Laws Applications $50.00
Administered by the Zoning Board of Appeals
1) Applications for either an area or use variance $100.00
2) Application for interpretation $35.00
3) Application for Timber Harvesting Permit $50.00